To add the WP sites, you have to
- Install the InfiniteWP client plugin in your WP sites
- Connect the client plugin and the admin panel
Installing the InfiniteWP client plugin in your WP sites
- In your WP admin dashboard, click on Plugins -> Add New
- Enter “iwp” in the search box and click on the Search Plugins button.
- Click the Install Now link under the InfiniteWP Client plugin.
- After it’s installed, Activate Plugin.
Connecting the client plugin and the admin panel
- Open your IWP admin panel and near the bottom left corner, click on the Add Website button to open the “Add a WordPress site” dialog.
- From the WP dashboard, copy the details under “Add this site to IWP admin panel” and,
- Paste it in the “Add a WordPress site” dialog.
- Click on Add Site button to complete the connection.
The site will be added to the list on the left. The site data will be fetched automatically and updates, if any, will also be displayed. The site’s favicon will also be displayed near the site name for quick recognition.
There are 2 options available while adding a site-
- Assign to groups
- Folder protection
Assign to Groups
You can assign the sites that you add to groups for better management. You can either assign them to a new group or to an existing group. You can also assign them to more than one new groups by entering them separated by a comma.
If your WP site is folder-protected, you can enter the access details here before adding it.
402, 403, 404 errors while adding sites
- Yikes! It appears IWP plugin has not been installed in this site. Click here to Install it.
If you have already installed IWP Plugin, deactivate and activate it now.
- Couldn’t connect to host
- If the admin panel and the WP site are on the same server, HTTP Loopback might have been disabled. Contact your host to fix this.
- DNS may not have been configured properly, and hence PHP will not be able to connect to the site.