You can backup your WP sites to repositories like Dropbox and Amazon S3. You can also backup to other servers via FTP.
To backup a site to a repository,
- Select the sites that you want to backup
- Enter the details for the backup. More Info
- Select the required repository
- FTP – Enter the FTP credentials and click Backup Now. You can save the FTP details as a profile for reuse.
Backup to FTP gives error – Failed to connect. Check your path.SOLUTION
Some servers don’t allow to connect to external FTP. Check “use passive mode” and try again.
- Amazon S3 – Enter the Amazon S3 credentials. To get your Amazon S3 credentials, view these instructions. You can save the credentials as a profile for reuse.
- Dropbox –
- Click on the Connect to my Dropbox & Authorize button
- After logging into Dropbox, click on Allow when prompted
- Get back to the panel and click on the Yes, I have authorized this panel button
You can also connect a different Dropbox account to the panel.
As mentioned before, you can save the repository details as a profile so that you do not have to enter it every time. Once saved, you can select the profile from the profile dropdown.
You can test connections to the repositories by clicking on the Test connection link before backing up.